Getting in front of a camera can cause you to get sweaty and nervous even if you are the iPhone selfie queen. I too hate being on the other side of the camera. But here are a few tips to help calm you and make your session enjoyable.
1. Make sure you have had a great nights sleepand have eaten. When you are cranky, it shows and your patience will be low.
2. Pause periodically and take deep breaths, before and during the shoot. It will force you to be present and bring a sense of calm.
3. Remind yourself that nothing major has to come out of the session- I tell all my clients this!! If you don't like the photos, you don't have to share them or use them, we can always re-shoot. Keep it low pressure.
4. Bring along to your session a playlist of your favorite music.When you get caught up in the music, you forget your anxieties.
5. Get to know your photographerbefore the session or develop a rapport over the phone or meet up 1/2 hour before the session. Once you are comfortable with your photographer and trust their vision, you more you are able to relax.
Hope these tips help make your next shoot fun and please don't overthink it, keep an open mind and don't forget to show your personality.
- How to Relax during your photo shoot | Relaxation tips for photo shoot.